About This Class
Meet the programming languages that power the web, and write your first line of code.
Step into the world of web development with General Assembly. During our introductory workshop, explore the building blocks of the web — HTML and CSS — and learn how you can apply these programming languages to develop your own simple sites. By writing your own lines of code, you’ll:
- Get a closer look at how the developer community and many different fields benefit from coding knowledge.
- Learn how HTML and CSS function together to form the backbone of the web.
- Cover key coding terms and principles.
- Develop a custom, working web page from scratch.
Interested in learning to code but can't attend this in-person workshop? Join us online for a FREE Intro to Coding: HTML & CSS Livestream! Sign up here.
Prereqs & Preparation
- A laptop is required for this workshop.
- For those on Windows, you’ll need Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 (32- or 64-bit). For those with Macs, you’ll need the Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher, up to 10.11.4 (El Capitan). Upgrade your operating system before class, if needed.
- Basic technical aptitude and orientation to computers, and curiosity to learn new tools.
- Download Sublime Text 3
Maya Brooks Founder,
Coffee & Coded